ITEEA Professional Development
The Foundation for Technology and Engineering Educators announces the $1,000
Greer/FTEE Grant, made available through the generosity of Dr.
Wm. David Greer, Jr., DTE. Its purpose is to encourage professional
development participation of classroom teachers and supervisors
in technology and engineering education. The successful applicant will receive
a check in the amount of $1,000 to offset the expenses of attending
an International Technology and Engineering Educators Association Conference.
- Applicant must be an ITEEA member and register for the ITEEA Annual Conference.
(Membership may be enclosed with scholarship application).
- Applicant must be a technology and engineering education teacher or supervisor for
secondary education Grades 6-12.
- Applicant must NOT have attended more than three (3) previous ITEEA
- Applicant must attend the conference awards ceremony where award is presented.
Application and Deadline: Applicants must submit an application
package, postmarked by December 1, that consists of four (4)
sets of the following required items:
- Applicant's name, address, phone, fax, email, school name,
grade level, subject(s) taught, previous ITEEA/ITEA conferences
attended, and other pertinent data. (1 page.)
- A brief history of the applicant's professional participation
activities, which may include curriculum projects, professional
association memberships, positions held, grants/scholarships
received, awards, etc. (1 page.)
- An explanation of why the applicant is seeking the grant.
(1/2 to 1 page.)
- Knowledge/experience the applicant expects to gain from
attending the ITEEA conference. (1/2 to 1 page.)
Foundation for Technology and Engineering Educators
1914 Association Drive, Suite 201
Reston, VA 20191-1539
703/860-2100, FAX 703/860-0353
Grant Presentation: The grant is provided directly to
the teacher or supervisor and will be presented at an appropriate
time during the ITEEA Annual Conference.