April 03, 2019
Today is Global Day of the Engineer!
Here are three ways to celebrate:
1) Share results from the first-ever
#GlobalEngineerSurvey. Get details below.
2) Recognize engineers by posting photos and messages on social media: #GlobalEngineer
3) Tune-in to today's Global Marathon session at 12pm ET/USA and learn the role your cultural IQ plays in building relationships across borders.
Let's show the world how engineers make a difference...and inspire the next generation!
Join us for today's free online conversation on cultural IQ: Building Relationships Across Borders
4/3 12:00 pm (USA ET)
REGISTER / LOGIN
Girl Day on Capitol Hill
Did you miss our live briefing on engaging girls? Check it out and get inspired!
WATCH IT HERE
Watch career sessions ranging from building your authentic brand to work/life blend.
Congrats to our Survey Drawing Winners!
-Andrey Akhmetov, US Electrical engineer
-Patty Brown, Canada Mechanical engineer
-Ivy Miller, US
-Daniel Sarata, US
-Sara Victor, Spain
1) Engineers from 82 countries rank environmental issues as the top global challenge.
2) Teachers inspire future engineers, second only to fathers.
3) Problem-solving is the most important skill an engineer needs to be successful. (Math & science are second to last!)
On Global Day, let's address the need for more engineers to shape the future of our planet. Engage K-12 students by celebrating how engineers make the world a better place.
SHARE SURVEY RESULTS
Read this article & dig deeper into this important topic.
Calling middle school educators! 2019-2020 registration is open.
DiscoverE's hands-on activities are available in six languages.
Featured Leadership Council Member
The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing professional licensure for engineers and surveyors. On Global Day of the Engineer, when DiscoverE's survey found that engineers around the world agree that the most daunting challenge we face is environmental issues, we’d like to recognize and celebrate NCEES’ work ensuring that professional engineers have the skills and knowledge they need to make the world a safer place.
If you are unable to login, you may need to update your Profile.
Go here for more information on how to update your profile to access your account in EbD-BUZZ.
If you are still unable to access your account after following these directions, contact
If you are not currently an EbD-Network School and need more information,
contact us at email@example.com
for a Network Agreement and any associated costs.