Emerging Leader (EL) Recognition Program
A coveted mile marker for the achievements of professionals emerging as leaders in Technology and Engineering education
Deadline: November 1
ITEEA’s Emerging Leader (EL) honor is a coveted mark of distinction in technology and engineering education. It recognizes technology, innovation, design, and engineering educators who have demonstrated a high level of competence and professional activity in the field of technology and engineering education. The EL program acknowledges the essential principles of adult learning. It incorporates into the process recognition and credit for work experiences and other accomplishments. Often, this recognition helps lead one down the path toward the Distinguished Technology and Engineering Professional honor.
The objectives of this recognition program are:
- To encourage a continuing program of professional development for technology and engineering educators.
- To encourage self-assessment by offering guidelines for achievement in the profession.
- To recognize educators who have demonstrated a high level of competence and conscientiousness in technology and engineering education over a substantial period of time.
The benefits to selected applicants are:
- Increased respect and recognition by members in the profession.
- Increased professional credibility.
- Increased ability to compete in the job market.
- Increased remuneration and job benefits.
This recognition is presented at ITEEA's Annual Conference.
- Have at least three (3) years' experience as a full time technology/engineering educator prior to the date of application and have three (3) consecutive years of membership in ITEEA and hold a current membership at the time the EL is awarded.
- Possess acceptable ability, character, and reputation.
- Pledge to adhere to the ITEEA policy, "This We Believe."
- Be employed, at the time of application, in a position in technology and engineering education.
- Have attended at least one ITEEA annual conference in the last five years prior to application.
- Donate $25 (tax deductible) to ITEEA's Foundation to be used for educational programs. This is a one-time donation regardless of the number of times you apply. Note: An applicant who is denied the EL designation may request, at his/her discretion, a refund of the Foundation donation.
- Have been a member of an affiliated association for the three (3) most recent years and maintain (hold) current membership.