WHO IS ITEEA?
The International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA) is the professional association for technology, innovation, design, and engineering educators. We strive to be the foremost organization leading education in technology, engineering, and Integrative STEM. Our mission is to advance technological and engineering capabilities for all by nurturing professionalism, growth, and opportunities in the education community. ITEEA strengthens the profession through leadership, professional development, membership services, publications, and classroom activities. Learn more about the history of ITEEA.
WHAT IS TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING EDUCATION?
Technology and engineering educators teach problem-based learning utilizing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) principles. Technology and engineering education involves:
- Designing, developing, and utilizing technological systems
- Open-ended, problem-based design activities
- Cognitive, manipulative, and effective learning strategies
- Applying technological knowledge and processes to real world experiences using up-to-date resources
- Working individually as well as in a team to solve problems