Integrative STEM Education
How it's defined. How it's practiced. Learn More!
ITEEA is providing this fundamental resource to lead our profession and enable all technology and engineering educators, along with their STEM colleagues from other disciplines, to take the initiative in how Integrative STEM Education is defined in our K-12 school systems. This resource page includes a definition and primer for Integrative STEM Education. The goal is to operationalize “I-STEM” to provide examples that assist technology and engineering educators (and all others in the STEM field) to understand and implement engaging and dynamic instructional practices K-12 and beyond to benefit ALL students!
This resource provides a launching point that teachers can build on in their classrooms. Our intent is for it to jumpstart our efforts in making I-STEM a core of our instructional practices and demonstrate to the entire STEM community the value of quality technology and engineering education that our classroom teachers provide to students each and every day.
(as adapted from Wells/Sanders program documents 2006-10).
- AGUA (Aquaponics Generates Understanding and Achievement) | Judy Wright, Ed.D.
- Aquaponics at Utah State University | Gary Stewardson, Ph.D.
- Benton Hall Academy
- I-STEM in Practice Elementary School
- I-STEM in Practice Middle School
- I-STEM in Practice High School
- International Space Station Design Challenge | Dennis Stocker
- Signature Architecture Program | Scott Thomas
- STEM Literacy
- Cybersecurity in Education: What Teachers, Parents and Students Should Know
- Integrative STEM Education: A More Robust Explanation
- Integrative STEM Education Defined
- Integrative STEM Education as Best Practice
- Integrative STEM Education for Children and Our Communities
- Integrative STEM Education: Primer
- Integrative STEM Education at Virginia Tech: Graduate Preparation for Tomorrow's Leaders
- Integrating Technology and Engineering in a STEM Context
- Lower Merion Technology and Engineering Education Classroom
- PIRPOSAL Model of Integrative STEM Education: Conceptual and Pedagogical Framework for Classroom Implementation
- STEM, STEM Education, STEMmania
- STEM Integration in K-12 Education
- STEM Integration in K-12 Education: Status, Prospects, and an Agenda for Research
- STEM for Kids
- STEM4: The Power for Change