Maley Outstanding Graduate Student Citation
Recognizing outstanding graduate students from ITEEA member institutions
Deadline: November 1
Description: The Donald Maley Spirit of Excellence Outstanding Graduate Student Citation, named for Dr. Donald Maley, one of the profession's "Distinguished Fellows" and a founder of ITEEA's Foundation, recognizes excellence in graduate level scholarship and leadership potential.
Each Institutional Member may choose one outstanding graduate student from its program to be recognized at the ITEEA Annual Conference. The recognition ceremony is a feature of the Maley Spirit of Excellence Breakfast.
Only ITEEA Institutional Member universities will be eligible to participate. Graduate students must be ITEEA members at the time their name is submitted and at the time of the award. Graduate students must be enrolled in the institution's graduate program at the time of nomination. Graduate students will be required to submit a design activity or lesson/unit plan (to be published) to teach some aspect of technology and engineering education. Recipients are encouraged to attend the ITEEA conference and participate in the ITEEA STEM Showcase, featuring their activity or plan. The Institutional Member will designate the student to be honored.
Benefits to the Student
- A certificate that cites his/her excellence in graduate scholarship.
- Recognized at an official ceremony.
- Recognition from members of the profession (at institution, nationally, and internationally).
- Shares work with the profession through potential publication.
- Receives a $100 stipend to assist with conference expenses, including the FTEE Breakfast (forwarded after conference attendance is confirmed.)
- Increases potential to have an annual conference experience.
- Participates in conference session through the ITEEA's STEM Showcase.
Benefits to Institutional Member
- Receives recognition through the student being honored.
- Conference experience strengthens its students.
- Allows institution to feature one of its top students.
- Gains visibility with other potential students.
- Creates good will between student and his/her institution.
- Recognized at ceremony honoring its student.
- Student is launched as a potential leader at an important time in his/her career.